SEADLING is seeking an experienced research scientist to conduct research on tropical macroalgae
cultivation. We are looking for a hard-working individual with key leadership and problem-solving abilities
who can flourish in a fast paced start up environment.
Fast-track your career by joining a rapidly growing company. Be a pioneer and create technology for an
exciting new sector. Enjoy living on the beautiful island of Borneo with close access to coral reefs, deep
jungles and majestic mountains.
We are open to both Malaysian and international candidates, and will arrange the required working permits
We are a seaweed biotechnology company with a mission to accelerate the seaweed sector as a food and
environmental solution. Our work is developing first-in-world innovations for tropical seaweed farming and
products. SEADLING is a social and environmental impact company, creating opportunities for poor
communities while rejuvenating marine ecosystems.
Our R&D facilities are based in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia and include a laboratory, hatchery and field sites.
Expansion of production facilities is planned for Malaysia in 2022 and then across the S.E. Asia region in
● Conducting research activities on Rhodophyta seaweeds
● Coordinating a team 3-5 research scientists
● Creating and managing budgets for research activities
● Scaling of prototypes and systems
● Coordinating with collaborative research
● Post graduate degree in biology/aquaculture/agriculture
● Minimum 2 years of industry/academic managerial experience
● Willingness to relocate to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
● Research and development management experience
● Experience with macroalgae research and/or industry
● Fluency in spoken and written English
● Project management experience
● Willingness to learn Malay and Indonesian languages, if not already fluent
Renumeration will be set depending on international experience and can potentially include share options.
February 7, 2022
Email CV to email@example.com .